Tuesday, July 10, 2012
I Splurged :-)
I received a $25 gift card to Sephora as a gift from a friend a while ago, and have been hanging on to it, trying to decide what to get. I've been wanting to try the YSL Volupte Lipsticks for a long time, but just could not justify spending $35 for a lipstick. My daughter and boyfriend and I went to one of our local malls and talked me into getting this one. And when I say "talk me into", I mean, I asked....."should I get this?" and as they were turning their heads to listen to me, I ran up to the register and paid for it. What? I take other people's advice, what's wrong with that"? ;-). Anywho, I picked the Volupte Sheer Candy, and I cannot remember what color it is called. It's not written on the bottom, as far as I can tell, but I'll include a pic if you are interested. This luxurious lipstick is more of a balm, it feels soooo good on, it's creamy and buttery and moisturizing. It's a sheer pink (duh), and smells delicious! Like grapefruit, or melon, I can't tell which. It doesn't have all day lasting power, especially
when you drink diet coke and spicy peanuts for breakfast at work, when you drink water all day. All I know is I love it. It was around $33 with tax, so yeah, it's expensive....but to quote my girl L'Oreal, "I'm worth it". And you are too! Treat yourself every once in a while!
Current Movie Favs
- Anything with Jason Stathem in it
- Napoleon Dynamite (no explanation needed)
- The Strangers (one of the only scary movies that actually "scares me"
- Julie & Julia (I do my cooking vicariously through this movie lol)
- Under the Tuscan Sun (for the scenary if nothing else)
- any "of the Dead" movies, i.e., Diary of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead