Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I Splurged :-)

I received a $25 gift card to Sephora as a gift from a friend a while ago, and have been hanging on to it, trying to decide what to get.  I've been wanting to try the YSL Volupte Lipsticks for a long time, but just could not justify spending $35 for a lipstick.  My daughter and boyfriend and I went to one of our local malls and talked me into getting this one.  And when I say "talk me into", I mean, I asked....."should I get this?" and as they were turning their heads to listen to me, I ran up to the register and paid for it.  What?  I take other people's advice, what's wrong with that"?  ;-).  Anywho, I picked the Volupte Sheer Candy, and I cannot remember what color it is called.  It's not written on the bottom, as far as I can tell, but I'll include a pic if you are interested.  This luxurious lipstick is more of a balm, it feels soooo good on, it's creamy and buttery and moisturizing.  It's a sheer pink (duh), and smells delicious!  Like grapefruit, or melon, I can't tell which.  It doesn't have all day lasting power, especially when you drink diet coke and spicy peanuts for breakfast at work, when you drink water all day.  All I know is I love it.  It was around $33 with tax, so yeah, it's expensive....but to quote my girl L'Oreal, "I'm worth it".  And you are too!  Treat yourself every once in a while!


Heavy swatch


No comments:

Current Movie Favs

  • Anything with Jason Stathem in it
  • Napoleon Dynamite (no explanation needed)
  • The Strangers (one of the only scary movies that actually "scares me"
  • Julie & Julia (I do my cooking vicariously through this movie lol)
  • Under the Tuscan Sun (for the scenary if nothing else)
  • any "of the Dead" movies, i.e., Diary of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead