Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Soft Lips

I guess you could say lip products are a bit of an obsession with me. I've tried every kind you can imagine, balms, glosses, glitters, stains, etc. I think my favorite has to be lipglosses. And the stickier the better (although I don't enjoy them as much when it's windy and my hair sticks to them making me look like I have a crazy mustache). I've purchased them in all price ranges, from dollar store to high end. They keep my lips moisturized and looking soft and smooth. But in order to get to the "maintenance" point, you have to get them in good condition. Here are some of my favorite lip balms....

C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve: Petroleum like, tinted a rose color, smells ok....very moisturizing, great for overnight
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm: Slightly thicker constancy, comes in several tints, smells like vanilla....great for daytime
Nivea stick: I keep this one in my purse, and slap it on when I'm in a hurry, no color, no smell
Korres Lip Butter: In Jasmine, more of a thinner constancy but stays put....tinted beigey pink...and I can't figure out what I think it smells like lol
Mac Tinted Lip Conditioner in Fuchsia Fix: Vanilla scented, nicely moisturizing but the color sticks around longer then the moisturizing effects.
EOS Lip Balm: This one is in Sweet Mint...I have them all and this is my fav. Sweet minty smell, tastes sweet and works great.....I have one of these in my purse, my desk, by my computer at home and next to my bed. I'm never without.

1 comment:

Kerryann said...

Hi Gina!!
LOVE the Blog!!! I totally get your addiction to lip products. I have at least 3-4 lip glosses, lipsticks, balms or moisturizers in my purse at any given time. The one product I couldn't do without is DCT by Blistex. I keep a tub of it by my bed and apply it every night. When I'm traveling I even have it on the bedside table in the hotel!! lol <3~Kerryann

Current Movie Favs

  • Anything with Jason Stathem in it
  • Napoleon Dynamite (no explanation needed)
  • The Strangers (one of the only scary movies that actually "scares me"
  • Julie & Julia (I do my cooking vicariously through this movie lol)
  • Under the Tuscan Sun (for the scenary if nothing else)
  • any "of the Dead" movies, i.e., Diary of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead